I’m so excited to share a new project with you!
DOWNLOAD THE FREE BAG PATTERN HERE
Oh how I love this bag! It’s a simple over the shoulder, boho style bag that can look casual like a book bag/grocery sack, or it can feel chic like a purse. It’s so versatile. And guess what??It’s REVERSIBLE. Yep. Y’all are often asking for reversible projects. So here you go! Two bags in one, using one of my favorite prints from my Butterscotch fabric collection with FIGO fabrics.
GET MY FABRICS: Do a search for “Dana Willard fabric”, check etsy.com, etc.
FABRICS TO USE:
• Quilting Cotton
• Lightweight Canvas
With your pattern pieces printed and ready to go, watch my step-by-step video for assembling your reversible bag. There’s a clever trick to the project that will make you feel like a magician when you do it. Love those moments!
极速赛车开奖结果记录查询 IF YOU WANT STEP BY STEP PHOTOS, here are some bullet points (Please note, all the fine details are in the video):
• Cut out 2 Outer pieces and 2 Lining pieces.
• With RST (right sides together), sew the 2 outer pieces together around the sides/bottom. Then sew the the 2 lining pieces the same way. It’s like you’re making 2 separate bags.
Refer to the next 4 photos below.
• Turn the Lining bag right side out and place it inside of the Outer bag (so the right sides of each bag are together), lining them up at the side seams.
• Measure down 10 inches from the ends of the bag straps (this is where you will start sewing in the next step).Pin the two bags together, staring at the 10-inch mark around the curved areas, to the other 10-inch marks. There are 4 areas: the curved areas around both side seams, the curved areas on the middle fronts of the bag (see video for more details).
• Sew around these curved areas using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
• Clip the curved areas so they will lay flat. Be careful not to clip into the stitch line.
Refer to the next 6 photos below.
• The Fun Tricky part! – Carefully turn the whole bag right side out by pulling the bag through one of the strap openings. Just do it little by little. At one point it will “give” and easily pull the rest of the way out.
• Press the edges of all 8 straps under 1/2″. They will naturally want to fold under. Make sure your straps are the same length (trim any excess if needed) and sew the ends of 2 Outer straps together, the other 2 Outer straps together, 2 Lining straps together, the other 2 Lining straps together. Refer to the video here if needed.
• Match up the edges of the Outer and Lining straps together. Pin them together, and top stitch around the inside of the straps and the outside of the straps, closing any openings in the bag straps.
And you’re done!
Enjoy your cute little bag on the linen side, or the dot side!
And fill it with all your favorite things.
This is such a great bag to make for a gift or to just have on-hand for yourself!